Thursday 4 September 2008

Homeward Bound Pt. Two

Arrived at Indira Ghandi International Airport at about 9.15pm.  I'm told that I'll have to wait until 11pm before I can go into the airport, but I manage to head in at 10.30pm.  

It was absolute chaos inside!  I feel very sorry for BA staff who have to answer the same questions time after time after time.  There is no real concept of queueing - what a great attribute of the British it is!  Everything goes fine until the last minute when I'm about to board.  I'm told I need to go back to security and get a stamp so that I can bring my bag on the plane!  So I'm running and rushing back to security - and the Indians are laid back, relaxed as usual!  But it's okay, and I'm on the fight no problem.  

I've slept for perhaps three hours, which is good, I wasn't expecting to sleep at all.  The entertainment on this plane is poor.  Currently we are flying over Czech Republic towards Germany.  We are at 38000 ft. and it's -51 degrees outside.  One hour twenty minutes until we reach London.  Time in India is 10:10am.  Time in England is 5:40am.  The first thing I do when I step off the plane is to breathe deeply of the English air.  And once home, to have a cup of good coffee.

No comments: