Thursday 4 September 2008

Day Twenty: 9 April 2008

Currently writing this at 10.45pm in Haryana, Cheron's home (the local evangelist), waiting for the electricity to come on before we go to bed (or at least that is what I assume will happen from the snippets of conversation I hear/understand).

This morning was full of waiting, worrying and trusting.  Ashuk arrived, we prayed with Sam and Margaret, then we went to Nijaat to pick up a helmet for me.

Then off we went on a three hour motorbike journey - pretty mental!  I packed too much I think, consequently I have a bad shoulder and a slightly bad back.  Note to self: buy a proper rucksack, they are bigger and generally work better.

Got sunburn on the way too, not too bad - but it could increase in the next few days as I face another nine hours of motorbike riding!

We arrived at Cheron's house, had a nap (of sorts), then got ready for the meeting where I was to speak.  I spoke on forgiveness and as far as I could tell it went pretty well.  Everyone was nice about it.  It is pretty odd speaking with a translator though, you don't actually know if they hear what you have said.  Also, you lose track of where you are and what you've said very quickly and easily.  

Food has been okay here so far.  It is very, very hot here.  And the countryside is very dusty.  Anyway, to bed... it seems.

No comments: