Thursday 4 September 2008

Day Eighteen: 7 April 2008

This morning I went to see the Doon Bible College.  It was interesting, they have a pretty long history - established in 1943.  Madhu showed me around.  He's marrying a Swedish lady, so he talked a lot about her.  There seems to be a lot of cross cultural marriages around here.  For me, the idea of marrying someone from the North of England is cross cultural!  (Note: I'm exaggerating, big time.)

Indians are very open, it is more than likely that they will tell you their life story the first time you meet them.  Also gave DBC my email address, not sure what they'll send me, but we'll see. 

Went shopping with Margaret, bought a lot of stuff.  Something for all the family.  It was very interesting shopping, the first place we went in opened everything to show me what it was like.  There was some very nice material in there.  Also had some Indian sweets, milk sweets, they are nice, but sometimes they are far too sweet for my untrained taste buds. 

Came home and had lunch.  Went into planning some talks for my Haryana/Punjab trip.  I had the same lack of motivation I get when I do college work - not good!  Hoping the talk is not too complex/complex enough - it's very difficult to gage here.  Also going to talk about Daniel and the Lions Den to the kids in Haryana.  I've been told the trip is a ministry trip - slightly scary!  So it's all on God to come through.

The Australian quartet came and cooked for us tonight - Chinese chicken and rice.  It was really nice (mainly because it was a change from curry!).  I don't think I'll be eating curry for a little while once I'm back in England!

It was a nice evening, Bahadur turned 30, so we celebrated that and had cake.  It's Oliver's last evening too, odd to think I am likely never to see him again.  Lord, he needs you.  So much.

Going to Nijaat tomorrow, just to be around as they do things - that'll be interesting.  Not sure what's happening or what I'll be doing, but hopefully it will be okay.

No comments: