Sunday 29 June 2008

The Journey - pt. One: 20/21 March 2008

Currently flying at 37000 feet and 662 mph.

The air is smelling like the stale breath of a couple of hundred people.

We are just over half way there, having just crossed the Black Sea.  In the UK the time is now 4.10pm - in India it is 9.40pm.  We will arrive at 1.24am (on Good Friday) local time.

We have just hit the biggest patch of turbulence yet, which oddly enough doesn't worry me at all - I just feel like I'm on a train.  The sun has set in the past half an hour - from the brightest light to darkest black.  Memories of Tanzania abound.

On the journey so far I have watched Atonement - quite a harrowing portrayal of the nature of atonement, until it ended in quite an awful manner.  Then I watched a Jack Dee comedy, which made me feel like I was back in Worthing.

The current worry is that I have forgotten all the detail for Sam Thomas - address, phone number, email address - so that has the potential to provide some interesting situations.

No comments: