Sunday 29 June 2008

Day Nine: 29 March 2008

Today was quite an interesting day.  At 11am (ish!) we went to a village to an inauguration ceremony of an orphanage which was only half built, called Hope Home.  Lots of songs and dances, a sketch by the Nijaat boys, Sam gave a message.  I couldn't understand most of the event, nearly all in Hindi.

Met someone who spoke in proper Victorian English - very odd.  At times, Victorian English is as incomprehensible as Hindi - worrying that my heritage is as foreign to me as the Indian culture.  

Got back and had a nap, then prepared for the youth group on Sunday.  The young people's meeting I was going to speak at was cancelled, though Oliver and Rupa came still, not knowing it was cancelled.  

In the evening we watched a Hindi film about a boy who was dyslexic.  Was very good, three hours long, but it wasn't noticeable.  Before this though, I helped Sam clean the church hall for tomorrow's service - he does everything, literally.  If I ever think I'm busy....!  Jane, Travis, Ravi, Bahadur and Saurebh watched the film with us.  And Margaret made an apple crumble...lovely.

No comments: