Monday 30 June 2008

Day Eleven: 31 March 2008

I went to Raipur School with Margaret and Ravi for more result presentations this morning.  It went really well, the kids and the teachers were much more organised than at Jakan.  And there were more parents there too, which is always a good thing.  We then moved on to looking for a t'shirt for Keren but didn't find anything.

Came home and had lunch, a 'light lunch'!  I can't cope with the amount of food they eat, not sure whether it is the amount or my funny stomach, or the fact that I'm not used to it.

The Oliver and I went to Clementown, a Tibetan colony.  We visited the temple (Stupa) and the huge statue of Buddha.  It was very surreal. When we got there it was closed, but we asked and they let us in anyway.  It wasn't really Dehradun, it was quiet with no people around.  Tranquil. In the traveling process, we took the bus and a number of vicrims, I even took one on my own - so that adventure's done - thought I probably won't want to go on one alone again too readily!

We also chatted God stuff (in pizza hut of all places!).

We had some young Indians shouting abuse at us, in Hindi so I didn't understand it - was quite interesting.  Some Indian's are very rude.

We went out for a meal in the evening, Ravi too us to 'Prez'.  I had the 'continental platter veg', it was okay but everything was spicy - all 'Indianised'.  My body us still unsure of itself - all sorts of stomach movements that are not so welcome!  Quite frustrating at times.

Found out today that I am going (probably) to Haryana on Wednesday until Friday - so that's the most the interesting things this week gone.  But another adventure.  Everything changes in India.  Nothing is certain.

No comments: