Sunday 29 June 2008

Day Eight: 28 March 2008

Quite a day!  Went to school with Margaret, Ravi and Sam, kids did some songs and stuff, it was their results ceremony, attempting to get the kids and their parents (especially) more motivated for education.  Was very interesting.

Then went to take Margaret and Ravi to a fabric shop - reminded me of Tanzania, especially the man on the sowing machine outside the shop!  Whilst they were shopping, Sam and I had a drink in the cafe, getting to know him better now. 

My digestive system is on the road to proper recovery - which is absolutely wonderful!

Had lunch back at home - it seems I eat very little by their standards.  I'm always offered more and it is always mentioned that I eat very little - I guess it's cultural on both sides.

Then I went to Nijaat.  Was interesting, I rode on a motorcycle for the first time.  People there were lovely, I did a talk on forgiveness, then they asked questions... about punishment, revenge, materialism, bitterness, resentment.  Hopefully my answers were God honouring.

In the evening we went out for dinner at the Principal of the Himalayan  Torchbearers, an absolutely incredible house!  More ornate than any I have been in in the West!

I think I'm beginning to understand this place a but more now.

No comments: