Sunday 29 June 2008

Day Ten: 30 March 2008

The bell has just tolled to tell me that it is 11pm.  It rings every hour through the night - I don't notice it too often anymore.

The Immodium I took on Tuesday has worn off - both a relief and discomfort!

Had church today, went well.  I took the 11-15 year olds.  It was odd, in some ways exactly the same as English youth, in some ways totally different.  I'm doing the youth for the next 2 Sunday's so hopefully will build up some relationship with them.  They seemed to prefer the games today!  I'll try and make it more interactive next week.

Came home and had loads of people for lunch, got to know one of the youths a bit better.  They left and then I watched a film - was nice, bit of Western culture again in the form of 'The Fugitive'.

Afterwards I chatted to Margaret for a while and got most of my week sorted, was about to learn how to make roti's but all of a sudden we went out to Cafe Coffee Day to see Titu, a friend of theirs they hadn't seen in a while - it cheered everyone up I think.  

Sorted out seeing Oliver tomorrow (hopefully!) and going to Missourie on Wednesday with Titu - so that should be cool.  He also took us out to a vegetarian restaurant, was very nice.  They expect me to eat loads - I am full almost constantly.  They had do-it-yourself mouth freshener of sugar and aniseed - very nice.

Checked my emails - GCC are sending me some money, very kind of them.  I'll chat to church about the trip.  And Liverpool beat Everton 1-0, Torres with his 28th of the season.  Good stuff.

No comments: