Sunday 29 June 2008

Day Four: 24 March 2008

Today has been good - I worked at the Sharp Memorial Blind School, helping Sumuna with some typing and other admin stuff.  At home it is very quiet though, the people who were going to come around didn't, so it is now 9.15pm and I'm getting ready for bed... yesterday we finished dinner at this time!  But I guess the sleep will be good for me, so long as I can sleep!

Walked some of the way home on my own today too - gave me a bit more confidence in this foreign country.  Dogs bark all night, very odd but I assume I'll get used to it.

Abi (pretty sure that is not the correct spelling) left today, I didn't a chance to say goodbye to him.  An interesting guy, my age, studying to go into the army like his dad.

Emails from home today too, always nice.  Had a good chat with Sam today too, which was good.  The next few days will be busy; at the Blind School again tomorrow, meeting an American called Travis on Wednesday, looking forward to that.  And I'm going to be preaching at a drug rehab centre on the next three Friday's!  Goodness me!  Lord, may they be your words, not mine.

No comments: